Many people think that Las Vegas is insanely expensive and it certainly has the potential to be just that, however you can also have an amazing time on a tighter budget. That is why I have decided to put together a list of free stuff, so that you can put your wallet away and let it take a much needed vacation as well!
1.Lake of Dreams show at the Wynn hotel. The shows begins when the sun goes down and runs every half hour until 12:30am daily. Each half hour a different show plays. The best spot in the house to watch this is from the Up Parasol terrace bar, however you can get a good view from a variety of spots.
2. Walk the strip both inside and outside the hotels. Each hotel has a different theme and is completely unique from each other. Vegas doesn’t do anything without going above and beyond so you will be in awe at the beautiful designs and props inside. Where else in the world can you view a replica of Venice, ancient Rome, Paris, ancient Egypt or the bright lights of New York all in one place?
3. Explore downtown Vegas also known as The Fremont Street Experience. It has entertainment, dining, gambling, everything that the strip has, just with a more “old Vegas” feel. It is also home to the worlds largest screen, within a canopy that tops the street. The canopy towers 90 feet above the ground and spans the length of five football fields. Featuring more than 12 million LED modules and a 550,000 Watt sound system. The light show is definitely something to experience and is enjoyed by both tourists and locals.
4. Watch the Fall of Atlantis at Caesars Forum Shops. It runs every hour starting at 11 a.m. The Forum Shops are set within replica streets of ancient Rome and are a striking sight themselves.
5. Watch outdoor hotel shows on the strip. The Mirage, Venetian, Treasure Island, Bellagio have free shows that run continuously each night. The Bellagio water show is the crowning jewel of strip water shows, as the water dances in synch to a variety of songs throughout the night. These fountain spurts can reach a height of 460 feet during the show.
6. See the Wildlife Habitat in the Flamingo hotel. There are also two live feedings a day that you can watch. Amongst the animals within the habitat are of course flamingo’s, turtles, pelicans and sacred ibis to name a few.
7. Enjoy the circus acts at the the World’s Largest Permanent Circus inside the Circus, Circus hotel. There are many different shows such as jugglers, unicyclists, trapeze artists and acrobats that perform every half-hour. Try to get there 15 minutes before the show starts, as seats get snapped up quickly!
8. Check out the LINQ which is a newest area that was added to the strip! This is a new shopping and dining area that also house the High Roller, which is the Observation Ferris Wheel that has recently been added to the strip.
9. Look at the beautiful Bellagio Conservatory inside the Bellagio hotel. They also change it through out the different seasons. Below are pictures from when I went in November, it certainly had a fall feel to it! – Fun Fact – The Bellagio opened in 1998 with an opening ceremony that cost a reported $88 million!!!
10. Relax and take a dip! Soak up the sun and go for a swim at your hotel. Each hotel on the strip has complimentary water which is definitely needed during the summer months! However, most people do not realize that it does get chilly in the winter months. Not all of the pools are open year round, so if do you go during that time, make sure to check if your hotel pool is open.